Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Eldar Army - WIP Part 2 - Dire Avengers, cont.

Here are a few more pics of my dire avengers. At this point I have gone over them with a blue lightened with astronomican gray to even out the base colors on the shoulder pads and armor plates. I went over the helmets, first with astro gray, then a wash of asurmen blue, then a gray-white blend. They'll get one or two more coats of gray lightening to white before they're done.

The crests are pretty cool. They are pretty much done - they might get a touch more highlighting. They were easy to paint too, except that I kept slopping paint up against the targeting doohickey that sits on the shoulder. Touch-up work comes later.

The guns took me longer than I expected. They had all gotten blue in the basecoating, so I went over them again in chaos black. Then I edged with a dark gray, then edged again with astronomican gray. The center strip is tallarn flesh base (to cover the black, followed by bleached bone, followed by a brown wash, followed by more bleached bone. I will probably touch it with white on the edges, just to make it pop.





All-in-all they are coming along well, and I'm getting some nice Greek-themed ideas for my Craftworld working on these. I'll let you know what I come up with.

3 comments:

  1. Looking sharp!

    What do you plan to do for the banner?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know yet. Maybe paint a giant dire avengers symbol on it. Got any ideas?

    ReplyDelete
  3. A dire avengers symbol sounds like a good idea. It will keep it simple for yourself, and it will be consistent with the fluff, from which I think you gain a lot of satisfaction.

    ReplyDelete