Sunday, October 11, 2009

Eldar Army List

Here is my first crack at a list for my new Eldar force. Keep in mind I have only a few models right now, so I'm sort of open on the way I take this army. Any advice - weaknesses you see or improvements you would make - I'm keen to hear.

HQ
Farseer on Jetbike (Singing Spear, Doom, Fortune)
Warlocks x5 on Jetbikes (2x singing spears, Embolden, Enhance, Destructor x3)

Farseer (Doom, Fortune, Mind War) - This Farseer rides with either Dire Avengers or Banshees

Elite
Howling Banshees x10 (Exarch, Mirrorswords)
- Wave Serpent (Shuricannon, EML)
Fire Dragons x6 (Exarch, Firepike, Tank Hunters, Crack Shot) - ride in the Falcon

Troops
Dire Avengers x10 (Exarch, Shuriken Pistol, Power Sword)
- Wave Serpent (Shuricannon, EML)

Dire Avengers x10 (Exarch, 2x Shuricats)

Dire Avengers x10 (Exarch, 2x Shuricats)

Fast Attack
None

Heavy
Falcon (EML, Spirit Stones, Holofield) - carries around the fire dragons

War Walkers x3 (all with EML)



What do you think? Is this list too unfocused? Am I at risk of having too few units on the table? I figure the walkers outflank. Even if they come in on the wrong table edge, with 48" range they should be able to do their business (6 str 8 missiles!) Between the seer council, the fire dragons, and all the missile launchers, the list shouldn't have much problem with vehicles. Horde armies, I lay down the missile launcher str 4 blast templates all over the place and break open the horde with either the seer council or the banshees backed up by a farseer to reroll wounds. If I know I'm going to be facing land raiders, I can trade out some of the EMLs for bright lances.

No comments:

Post a Comment